Frequently Asked Questions

In Texas, an expunction means the Court destroys all records of both the arrest and any court proceedings, so they can’t ever be found on any government maintained database by anyone. Any record of the expunction also gets destroyed. It’s like the arrest (and the expunction) never happened. In order to receive an expunction a Petition must be filed with a court that has jurisdiction requesting that all records pertaining to a specific offense(s) be destroyed. If a court finds a petitioner is entitled to an expunction they will issue an Order granting the expunction.

Petitions can take months to be processed by a court depending on the case load of the specific court and whether a petition is contested or not. EasyExpunctions cannot control how a court prioritizes petitions and cannot contact the court on behalf of any customer since we do not represent you.

Non-disclosure is a term used in Texas to describe the process where an individual has a charge sealed. This means information about your offense will not be available to the general public although law enforcement and government agencies will still be able to view it. You can still deny the offense ever occurred on rental and employment applications unless otherwise noted. If you are not interested in getting a Non-Disclosure and having your offense sealed, you should contact an attorney to discuss your options under the law. Sometimes a licensed attorney can achieve extraordinary results like having an offense pardoned so never give up hope.

EasyExpunctions will provide detailed filing instructions via email to each customer when final documents are sent. Sometimes a hearing will be required. We cannot file your documents for you and will not represent you if a hearing is required. Customers can either choose to hire an attorney to file their documents or file their documents on their own, pro se. If you file your documents on your own and a hearing is required, you should show up to the court early with a copy of the documents you purchased from us. Be respectful towards the judge and court personnel and answer any questions posed to you truthfully. Use any opportunity provided to you to explain why you have filed a petition with the court (ie, because you want to have your offense expunged or sealed), how having a clear record will improve your life and job prospects, and do your best to explain to the court that you believe justice would be best served if the court grants your petition because you want to be a productive member of society without these offenses continuing to be associated with you.

EasyExpunctions uses proprietary technology we have developed that analyzes statutes, public records and information provided by our customers to generate documents. We do not provide legal advice so you should always rely on the information you receive from a licensed attorney if it conflicts with any information we provide. Sometimes our system flags a potential issue, even when a customer is eligible to have their record cleared under the law, and when this happens we will not sell a customer documents. Because we offer industry leading consumer protections, including a comprehensive Money Back Guarantee that covers any amount you pay to us or a court in filing fees, we only provide documents to individuals we have a high degree of confidence will be successful if they file the documents without the assistance of an attorney.

Immediately contact an attorney to discuss your options. Most rulings made by a court can be appealed but individuals must act quickly to preserve their right to appeal. There are also strict time limits individuals have to respond when post trial motions or appeals are filed so the sooner you contact an attorney the better. Unfortunately, at this time EasyExpunctions does not sell any documents for individuals to use in filing post trial motions or when appealing an adverse ruling so your best option is to contact an attorney immediately. EasyExpunctions will not be a party to any agreement you enter into with an attorney to represent you. Also make sure to contact customer support and request a full refund under our Money Back Guarantee.